Critical Illness insurance puts the focus on recovery, not finances. LifeMap offers Cancer Care and Cancer Plus policies to provide employees the coverage that best fits their needs. When an employee gets a dreaded diagnosis, they don’t want money worries as well. This coverage helps make up for lost wages so they can focus on healing.
Lump Sum Payments
Cancer Care and Cancer Plus coverage can help minimize the stress, both for those recovering from an illness, and for their caretakers. It helps them pay for life’s everyday costs—things that can help maintain some level of “normal” in their lives.
If an employee or covered family member is diagnosed with a covered illness, they get their benefit in one lump sum with no restrictions on how the money can be spent. That means they can use it on whatever makes the most sense for them, such as:
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Household bills
- Child or adult day care
- The cost of travel and lodging when receiving care away from home
- College expenses
The benefit paid depends on the diagnosis and the amount of coverage they purchase.
Why offer cancer care and cancer plus critical illness coverage?
- Added value to their benefits offering.
- Employees can keep paying bills if a critical illness strikes.
- Instead of worrying about money, employees can focus on getting better and getting back to work.
- Employees pay a group rate with little or no underwriting.