- Coronavirus: What to know
- Shop Individual Plans
- Explore Group Plans
Last Updated December 31, 2019
Welcome to the LifeMap Assurance Company Website (the "Website"). At LifeMap, we want you to get out and enjoy life – LifeMap has you covered.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information in two ways:
- Information that you directly provide to us.
- Information that we automatically collected through your use of the Website.
Personal Information you provide directly to us
Through use of the Website, you may provide certain information to us through our web forms, which may include the following types of personal information:
- Your name
- Email address
- Employer information
- State based location
- Insurance Group Membership Identification
- Phone number
- Payment information
- Login Credentials
- Other voluntary information
Automatically collected information
We use various technologies to manage the Website and track use of the content we provide, including:
- the IP address used when registering and submitting content to the site
- standard web analytics information
- aggregated data about email click-through rates
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Automatically collected information collected using these technologies may be combined with information you provide directly to us.
We may automatically collect information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the Website, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information. This information may be used to offer you optimized experiences based on your device or location.
How we use the information we gather
Providing requested services
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for services and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your inquiry/requests. We may use your personal information to help customize your experience based on your previous activities on the Website.
E-mail and newsletters
If you sign up for one of our email or newsletters, we will send you the email or newsletter that you requested. We may also use the information that we collect to send you other communications, such as information about our events. You may opt out of receiving this information by following the directions in the email or newsletter to unsubscribe.
We perform statistical analyses of users of the site, and their viewing and participation patterns, for product development purposes.
No Selling of Your Data
We do not sell the information we collect.
Limited Sharing with Third parties
We may work with third parties to perform site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, billing and email distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and have security measures in place to protect your information.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us.
Protecting Your Personal Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect your information. Please note that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure.
Accessing and Deleting Personal Data (Outside California)
You may access and share the data that we have about you. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of the data, send questions to email@example.com. If you wish to delete the previous data you have consented to share with us, you may do so by contacting Customer Support. When you request for us to delete your previously provided data, it will be deleted within 60 days after your request unless we reach out to you to request additional time to delete your data.
California Consumer Privacy Act
California Citizen Rights
Individuals who reside in the state of California, a "consumer," as that term is defined under California law, have additional rights reserved under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Shine the Light law:
- Protected Health Information Excluded. If you are a customer of one of our healthcare services, read our HIPAA SECTION to learn how we handle your Protected Healthcare Information. Any personal information you provide or that we collect in connection with administering or providing your healthcare benefits, or your status as a member of our one of our health plans in connection with your healthcare, will be handled in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Federal Standards, which preempts and is excluded from the requirements of the CCPA.
- Right to Opt-Out. We do not sell personal information.
- Right to Request Personal Information. You have the right to request the categories of personal information, as detailed under the CCPA, we have collected and store about you.
- Right to Delete Personal Information. You have the right to request we delete personal information we, or our service providers, store about you. Please keep in mind our response to such a request may include an explanation of the business purpose under which we may retain your information (for example, we would need to retain copies of a business transaction for financial records) in accordance with the CCPA.
- Non-Discrimination. If you elect to exercise any rights under this section of our Privacy Statement, we will not discriminate or retaliate against you.
If you are a California consumer and have additional questions based on this section of our Privacy Statement, please use this web form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us toll-free at 877-878-2273. Also, be sure to check this policy for updates as we will review it at least every 12 months and make updates as necessary.
Identity Verification Requirement
We are required by law to verify that any data access request submitted under the authority of the CCPA was made by someone with the legal right to access the personal information requested. Therefore, prior to accessing or divulging any information pursuant to a data subject access request, under the terms of the CCPA, we may request that you provide us with additional information in order for us to verify your identity and legal authority.
Access Request Responses
Under the CCPA, there may be certain circumstances where we would deny your request to access, receive, or delete personal information we hold. For example, we would deny requests where any such access or disclosure would interfere with our regulatory or legal obligations or where we cannot verify your identity. We also have the ability under the CCPA to deny requests if it would result in our disproportionate cost or effort. However, even where we will not substantively complete a request made under the CCPA, we will still provide a response and explanation to your request within a reasonable time frame and as required by law.
To make a request please contact us at please contact the us at email@example.com with "CCPA Personal Information Request" in the subject line, and provide us with full details in relation to your request, including your contact information and any other detail you feel is relevant.