- Shop Individual Plans
- Explore Group Plans
LifeMap's Short Term Medical (STM) is major medical insurance for when accidents, illnesses, and the unexpected happen. Our plans offer affordable, temporary coverage that bridge the gap until your new medical insurance kicks in.
LifeMap limits coverage to only those injuries and illnesses sustained while you’re covered under the policy. Here is a highlighted list of what is and isn't covered:
Yes, it’s covered
- Hospital room, board and general nursing care.
- Emergency room, outpatient and ambulatory surgical center charges.
- Physician services for diagnosis, treatment and surgery.
- X-rays, radioactive treatment and laboratory tests.
- Breast and pelvic exams, mammograms and Pap smear exams (if such exams are related to an annual women’s examination and as state specified).
- Prostate cancer screening exams (as state specified).
- Colorectal cancer screening exams (as state specified).
- Physical, occupational, speech and audiological therapy, up to 30 sessions (other limitations apply).
- Home health care (up to 40 visits) when prescribed by a physician and rendered by a licensed home health agency (see your policy for complete description of benefit).
- Rental (up to purchase price) of wheelchair, hospital-type bed, or other durable medical equipment unique to medical care or treatment.
- Placement of a prosthesis required for functional purposes.
- Organ transplants, including heart, kidney, liver and bone marrow transplants.
- Casts, splints, crutches, orthopedic braces, colostomy bags, catheters, syringes, dressings and initial contact lens following cataract surgery performed while covered under the policy.
Sorry, not covered under our short term plan:
- Pre-existing conditions.
- Routine physical exams, tests or screening procedures (certain exceptions apply).
- Treatment of drug abuse or drug addiction.
- Cosmetic surgery (certain exceptions apply).
- Acupuncture, massage or massage therapy.
- Services provided by an immediate family member.
- Treatment for obesity or weight control, including surgery and any resulting complications.
- Services rendered by governmental agencies or facilities, except as provided by law.
- Services or supplies that are experimental or investigational (see your policy for complete details).
- Dental treatment or exams.
- Eye refractions or eye glasses.
- Hearing tests and aids.
- Pregnancy or childbirth, except complications of pregnancy as stated in your policy.
- Treatment of alcoholism, except as stated in your policy.
Build your perfect plan
While what's covered will remain the same, you get to decide how the plan will work for you.
- Length of Coverage
With this low-cost solution to a short-term need, LifeMap hopes to keep you and your family covered in those in-between times.
Get covered as early as tomorrow. For 30-185 days, you don’t have to worry if you suddenly become ill or get injured.