New federal regulations require a reduction in the coverage duration for short-term health insurance policies to a maximum of 3 months. Therefore, LifeMap has updated our Short Term Medical (STM) policies to comply with these regulations, effective April 1st. We are working to also update our online enrollment system for regulatory compliance.
What you need to know:
- Effective April 1, 2017, our online enrollment platform will be temporarily unavailable for STM applications.
- Due to the federal regulations we will be limiting the maximum allowable duration to not exceed 90 days of coverage.
- Any current inventory of paper applications that reflect a Policy term from 91 to 185 days can still be submitted and issued as long they are postmarked March 31, 2017, or before.
- After April 1st, we will continue to accept applications by mail. Any applications submitted for coverage beyond 90 days will be modified to reflect new guidelines.
- Oregon, Washington and Utah individuals may still reapply for a second STM policy for an additional 30 to 90 days of coverage (If eligible). Please contact Customer Service for questions about reapplying.
We are here to answer any questions that you might have. Please call our Customer Service team at 1(800) 756-4105.
Thank you for your trust and partnership. We will update our site as soon as our online enrollment system has been updated and we are prepared to accept new STM enrollments on LifeMapCo.com.